Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Pie, anyone?

I first want to start by saying Thank You for all the birthday wishes that came my way. For those of you of my age, you know that any birthday past 30 is really "just another day!!" Well I am now 2 years past that. I really hadn't planned on much as celebrating went, but as far as my day, let's just say it was a busy one!

We started out the morning taking a field trip to the HEE-HAW Farms with Maci's preschool. I would have included photos if I would have taken my camera that wasn't DEAD! Yes, me, the photo queen, left the house with my camera, but didn't think about charging it after downloading my pictures from Disneyland...(soon to be posted!) I decided I would have felt better about myself if I would have just left it all together, but having brought it dead constantly drove me nuts the whole time thinking "oh that would have been a good picture," as Maci braved the gigantic potato bag slide, or the awesome Hay Ride pulled by a tractor in a circle, all the while sitting in a pile of hay. Oh well, maybe next year!

So after picking out our choice of soft mushy, rotten or green pumpkins for our $2.50 each (we chose a nice little green one,) and of course our little coloring books, we headed off to meet friends for lunch at the Paradise Bakery. Thanks ladies for the fun!!

I came home to a wonderful surprise...Dave had come home for lunch while we were out, and cleaned my house!! It was a great surprise since I dreaded coming home to the craziness I frantically left behind this morning. The better surprises came when Dave got home from work...Being a Thursday night, Dave normally would have Bishopric meetings. Well he came home and announced that he had gotten a babysitter, and we were going to dinner, oh, and that he was skipping out on Bishopric meetings!! Way to go dear! Then he gave me my gift(s) slippers and an Ipod. I know I have an awesome husband. Well McKay was jealous and these were his words "No fair, you get an Ipod" as I replied back, "well maybe for your 32nd birthday, you can get one too!" McKay: "no, maybe when I turn 8" sorry bud, I don't think so!!

Forget about a birthday cake. For those that know me, you all know how much I love pumpkin pie. I look forward to this time of year for that reason. And for the past many birthdays I look forward to my mom's homemade pumpkin pie!! This year I did not expect a pie from her because I knew how hectic her day was going to be, well she surprised me yet another year. Not only did she deliver, but Dave also purchased a delicious pumpkin cheesecake and regular cheesecake. As I was telling Kristin over the phone that Dave surprised me by getting a sitter and inviting her over later for pumpkin cheesecake, she laughed and said she was coming right over with my gift...because I would laugh!! Well guess what I got? A pumpkin pie!! Yeah!!

To end my day filled with friends, family, food, and fun my dad arrived at 9:30PM with a gift, icecream, and what else? another Pumpkin Pie!!! So for anyone interested in a slice of pie, come and visit!!

Thanks to you all, I had a wonderful birthday, and thank you Savanna for babysitting tonight.

8 comments:

Natelli Johnston said...

oh my you do gottalota pumpkin pie! what a good husband! I will have mine read this post!

Fiddlefish said...

What a sweet birthday! Glad you got some most deserved pampering.

Happy Birthday!

Tara B.

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad, I was with you yesterday and I didn't even know! I am so sorry!!! I feel like crap! Well happy birthday anyway! I am glad you had such a great day! I will have to make you a pumpkin pie to make up for it!

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad that you had such a great day. Pumpkin Pie is really good. Mmmmm....

lindsee said...

I hope you had a great birthday. mine is coming fast and im hoping that it will be forgotten....wish we were there to celebrate with you

Autumn said...

So glad you had a good day! So are you having a pumpkin pie party of what?? :)

Teri said...

That is so funny. That is quite some pumpkin pies, are your counter and fridge filled? I'm so glad you had a nice birthday, it is just like another day. When you were a kid a birthday was magical and you'd count down for months. Now it just sneaks right up on ya, and your lucky to remember your own.

The Lower Family said...

I am a terrible friend): Happy Bithday! Glad you had a great day! 32 is a bummer and I am thinking it only gets worse from here on!