This year we had planned our kids' first trip to Disneyland during their UEA/Fall Break. I had heard from several people that it gets pretty busy during this week because all of Utah heads to California. One lady even told me that UEA stands for "Utah Entering Anaheim". Well, that is exactly how it was. Not only did Utah have a break, but so did Arizona. Luckily we had 3-day Park Hopper tickets and got there two days before the break even started. I love Halloween and who doesn't love Disneyland...put the two together and you have the whole park decorated so cute with all the pumkins and candycorns, how can it not be the Happiest Place on Earth?Maci and I had made a little Disneyland countdown a month before leaving, and each night the kids would take a turn putting a little sticker on the days. As it got closer and closer, I think I was the MOST excited!! McKay and Maci didn't know what they were in for. The day we left, our poster said "Disneyland Here We Come!!!"
We left on Tuesday morning (really early) so the night before, we dropped Avery off at Dave's parents house. They offered to take her for the week, and even though we all missed her, we were able to have a great time not having to worry about naps, or juggling around an odd number. Thanks so much Sue and Elwood for all of your help with Avery!! Maci and McKay were so excited to be able to ride in an airplane for the first time, and they did so well. They got excited seeing the "BIG" airplanes at the airport, and even asked Dave and I if we have ever rode in a plane that BIG. Little did they know that was the same airplane we were flying in to California.
Day One: Leave SLC airport at 8:25 am (had to be there 2 hours early)
After three hours of digging in the sand, searching for seashells, playing football, watching several dolphins jumping, wading in the not so warm ocean, sun bathing in the 80 degree weather, tasting the salty water, and taking some fun family photos, we headed out to get checked in to our hotel.
Day Two: Our First Day at the Happiest Place on Earth!!! I want to give anyone that is planning on going to Disneyland in the next couple of years a little tip plus a little advertisement. I LOVE this card...
We have collected enough points from purchases made over a couple of years time to pay for our little Disneyland vacation. Plus there are many other perks to having this wonderful card, such as: Free Stroller rentals (2 per day) 20% off different shops in Disneyland, Early Morning Entrance for private meet-n-greet Disney characters (however I found out too late on this one.) Plus many others...okay there is my shpeel!!
Our first day, we just took it slow so the kids could take it all in. After a few fights of who was riding with dad (they never wanted to ride with me, how sad) we ended up riding a few in Disneyland park before heading to California Adventure. We hardly waited and mostly got right on in the morning our "firsts" were: Buzz Lightyear, Autotopia, and Space Mountain then we headed over to California Adventure Park. We had made reservations for lunch at Ariel's Grotto which was especially fun for Maci because the princesses came right to our tables to sign their books and take pictures. Thank goodness Maci's favorie, Cinderella showed up. Even McKay enjoyed getting a lot of attention as they all flirted with my handsome boy!
The rest of our day was pretty much spent in California Adventure until it closed. McKay's first ride there was the Screamer roller coaster while Maci and I rode the carousel, next we were on to the new 3-D Toy Story ride, we waited in line for about 20 minutes (not bad at all). This ride was amongst the many others on our Favorite's list. We got to ride the Soarin' over California a few times (Maci's Favorite) and even braved Tower of Terror. Had we known what we would be up against, Maci and I would have stayed out. That did it for most of the big rides for Maci, she was terrified. We stayed to watch the Pixar Parade then headed over to Disneyland and watched the night parade. We snuck in a few more rides before calling it a day. After a nice dinner at Del Taco the kids were beat, as well as us bigger kids!!The kids enjoyed the hotel where they had their own little room with bunkbeds and a game cube, yes!



Day Five: Off to the airport really early, we got our bags checked and through security, then Dave left us so he could get the rental car checked in so we wouldn't be charged for an early return, then we were off, headed for home...and Avery. We landed 15 minutes earlier than planned, lucky for Dave and McKay they were still able to go to the Utah game. I dropped them off at the stadium and Maci and I headed south to get my little one. What a great little reunion.
Thanks for letting us share our vacation with you.




10 comments:
Hooray for family vacations!! I'm so glad that you had such a great time. This age is so fun becausee they are sooo into everything. Cute kids.
Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth!! Glad you had a fun time! Which beach did you go to?
I'm so jealous looking at all of your pictures!! I LOVE Disneyland!! Smart idea leaving the baby..I think it's torture for everyone when they're that little! Glad you guys had such a great time! What hotel did you guys stay in??
to answer the above questions: we went to Huntington Beach, and stayed at Holiday Inn Resorts
Mandi- You are too funny- Your disneyland trip is way better than our little 2 day vacation!! You have the cutest kids and you guys had a blast I am sure! I am jealous my little ensenada trip doesn't even touch your adventure! But thanks for the comment!
So fun! We were there this time last year! We had a great time, though we had our new 6 month old baby....so your pictures and detailed explanations made me feel as though I was there with you. Great job! Sound like you had a fun busy time and then back home to more fun!
I love all the pictures!
When I showed the boys your post they loved the pumpkin Mickey Mouse! Colton wants to win one =) It looks like you guys had a great time! I love all the pictures, we have never been so it makes me excitied to see how fun it is.
Yeah, HOw fun, and how fun not to have a baby in tow! I love the smiles on those kids faces!
It's been awhile since I've bumped into you! I LOVE Disneyland and I'm so glad you had so much fun! We are so excited about Julie's news. I don't see them often, I'm sure you know better than I do if she is starting to feel better, and if she is starting to show. Anyway, I just had a few minutes tonight to read blogs and thought I'd say Hi! You are so cute!
Post a Comment