Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My little Girl is FIVE!!!

Happy Birthday to my sweet girl, Maci!!

I cannot believe that 5 years ago I was blessed with my first baby girl. We were so excited to find out that McKay would have a little sister to watch over and protect, or should we say pick on and tease? (No really, we got lucky to have them be little buddies.) And I was having a little girl to dress girly and have a little shopping pal. Although, dad has really won her heart...she is 'daddy's girl'! Oh how much love we have for this little girl.

On May 5, 2004 (Cinco De Mayo) at 11:53 PM miss Maci Jae was born weighing 7lbs 10oz. She made her debut 16 days early!! Having been induced with McKay, I wasn't sure what labor pains really felt like...I remember that day all too well...McKay was at the neighbors playing in the pool, I was sitting on the couch having some "uncomfortable pressure", as I got a phone call from my newly found friend, and just moved in neighbor Kristin, asking to borrow some cupcake liners. She came over to retrieve them and noticed my belly looking quite abnormal, I said I wasn't feeling too great, but then that was the end of our conversation. Little did we both know that the next time I saw her I would have my little bundle of joy. I made a few calls to my sister asking her what it was like to be in labor...however it had been 9 years since her 'not normal' delivery. I couldn't get a hold of Dave, and my aunt kept insisting that my uncle pick me up and take me to the hospital. I said I would be fine, and drive myself...The insisting worked, and that's what happened. McKay did NOT want to leave his friends, but we talked him into coming to the hospital with me. I finally got in touch with Dave, and he informed me that "the next bus home wouldn't be until 3:3o!" He was working in downtown SLC at the time, and rode the bus into work, not expecting to have an early delivery. Thankfully uncle Mike had the day off and was able to come and get us.
Upon arriving at the hospital, my thoughts of being able to drive myself to the hospital disappeared as contractions started a little more frequently. I soon found out that I had tested positive for Strep B, which I would then need 4 hours worth of antibiotics before delivering. At that point I guess the 3:30 bus wouldn't be much of an issue!! Dave surprised me and showed up not long after I got settled in a room...he was able to get a ride from a co-worker that was driving into Provo. Well, we sat comfortably with an epidural and waited the 4 hours before getting my water broke...not long after and only 2 pushes later, Maci was born.
We fell in love instantly, and continue to love this little girl more and more each day.
Here are a few exciting moments the past 5 years with Maci have brought us:

May 5, 2004 Maci Jae Wall was born
When she started to talk, she called McKay "buddy" it has stuck with us all.
February 2005 (8 months) she started walking
She loves to be outside and her beautiful skin shows it!! Never gets sunburned, lucky girl!
She and Dora the Explorer had a 2 1/2 year bond, now moving on to Spongebob, yuck!!
April 2007 learned to ride a two-wheeled bike (no training wheels).
September 2007 started pre-school
September 19, 2007 Maci became the "big sister" and "mini mom"!!!
January 2008 started gymnastics and loves it!

June 19, 2008 became the "prettiest in pink" wearing a pink cast after breaking her leg by jumping on the trampoline, (while Dave was out of town)!!...no more gymnastics for a couple of months.

October 2008 went to Disneyland for the 1st time, and loved it!

December 24, 2008 had oral surgery and was a trooper on Christmas Eve!
May 5, 2009 TODAY will turn 5 years old...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET LITTLE MACI!!

We all love you and hope you have a wonderful day. I cannot wait to see what many more birthdays will bring us.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow! Five years old already. She is such a cutie!

Colette said...

What a great tribute to your cute little Maci. I loved reading it. Happy Birthday Maci!

Jason and Kristin said...

I totally remember that. Your stomach was all crooked and poking out funny!

Tia said...

Happy Happy Birthday Maci!! What a cute little girl!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Maci!!! That is so fun, she is such a cute girl!

Hey make sure you e-mail me so I can add you to my blog!

langston_girl@yahoo.com