Friday, June 26, 2009

Welcome to Paris

I just wanted to update my status...sorry no pictures yet, but soon to come.

Well here I am in Paris, yes Paris!! After a very eventful last couple of days, I must say that Prayers were answered!

I was originally planning on flying out on Saturday, but for an unexpected crazy embargo date (black-out) that fell on June 26th and 27th I wasn't able to book my tickets...so here I am two days earlier! (can't complain about that) I plan on resting up before meeting up with Dave on Sunday...Yes, I am by myself! Kindof scary and lonely, but I will survive.

So, I headed to the airport on Thursday leaving behind my kiddos with my mom, and then dispersing throughout the week. (Thanks everyone that is helping!) I patiently waited for my name to be called (I flew stand-by) Yes, my name was called and even better...I sat in 1st class!

After an almost 10 hour direct flight, I am here. The airport is HUGE, I waited long for a shuttle to my hotel, which was a surprise, it is stinky...I don't have any plug adapters so no use of my laptop or flat iron. I am able to use 30 min. of internet use (so I have to hurry) besides my battery on my laptop is getting low.

So there you have it, I am here and can't wait to meet up with Dave on Sunday. Wish me Luck!

6 comments:

Tia said...

I can't believe I forgot to tell you about the plug adapters!!! I'm so sorry! I hope you have a great time anyway!!

Jason and Kristin said...

Whew! Enjoy your solitude for the next 2 days, it probably won't happen again for a Loooooong time. Hey, I know, you could start and finish your Breaking Dawn book :) Be safe, Love ya!

Colette said...

Oh, I am jealous! Have a fun trip!

Teri said...

Good luck my friend. I hope you can go see some fun things, and I hope you can get a plug adapter so we can hear more of your trip. Sorry my phone died on us the other day.

HeatherWasHere said...

Yay! Hooray! So glad to hear it. Thanks for keeping us posted. Enjoy Paris!

Amy Jones said...

Okay...I can admit it now. I know I told you to go ahead and try to catch that flight. I said "you never know what will happen" but really, what I was thinking was, "Mandi is NEVER going to get on that flight!"

When I got your text I almost peed my pants!! I'm SOOOO glad you made it. Prayers were certainly answered! Have SO MUCH fun! Say bonjour to Paris for me. Tell the city I'll be back as soon as I can. (sigh)

Oh...and wasn't 1st class AMAZING? We'll chat.