John Draper Williamson1946 ~ 2009
Our beloved husband, dad, and grandpa passed away peacefully, on August 15, 2009 due to an accident. He was surrounded by his loving family.
John was born in Provo, UT on February 4, 1946 to John H. and Gloria Brown Williamson. He grew up on the family farm in Vineyard UT, graduating from Orem High School in 1964. In 1979 he married the love of his life, Vicki Warenski. At that time he stepped into the role of raising two little girls that he treated as his own. In 1981 he became the father of a son, John J. (J.J.) and in 1985 his second son, Jesse was born. His family was complete.
He loved and lived his life for his family, always putting them first. His life seemed best when he was at home with his family, his dog Missy, and spending time in his garden. He took pride in his beautiful yard, among the trees he planted. He has always been proud of his children and all their accomplishments. He enjoyed spending time with his sons who have always been his best friends. They loved fishing, working on cars, and just being together. He taught his children through his example to be loving, honest, respectful, and hard working.
As a faithful employee he worked at Geneva Steel for 34 years, after which he worked for Alpine School District at Lehi High and Willowcreek Jr. High. He retired in May 2009. He made many friends throughout his life who were very important to him.
He will be remembered for his quick wit, big heart, and his wisdom He had a love for the simple things in life. Those that knew him, knew he was a gentle, humble, and loving man. He was a devoted family man whose legacy will live on in both his children and grandchildren who love him dearly.
He is survived by his loving wife Vicki, sons J.J., and Jesse, daughters Kristen (Paul) Warner, Mandi (Dave) Wall, grandchildren, Kaiden, McKay, Maci, and Avery, and his dog Missy. As well as many relatives including, his sister Diane, Aunt Betty (Jay) Garrett, father-in-law Vee (Shelia) Warenski, mother-in-law Rena Mae (Norm) Taylor, sisters and brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews, and many cousins and friends. He was proceeded in death by his parents, John and Gloria Williamson and an infant brother Brent.
Funeral services will be held Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. in the Warenski Funeral Home Chapel, 1776 North 900 East, American Fork, where friends and family may call Wednesday evening from 6-7:30 p.m. and Thursday, one hour prior to services. Interment will be in the Pleasant Grove City Cemetery.
Our family wishes to extend our sincere appreciation for the compassion shown to John and our family by the American Fork Emergency team and the UVRMC Trauma ICU. Also a special thanks to friends and neighbors for all their love and concern.




22 comments:
Mandi, You are in my prayers everyday. I am so glad you know that you will be with him again. Please let me know if you need anything.
Still so sad. Love ya!
Love ya!
I just wanted to leave my "ditto" with the love U. :)
And another "ditto" comes along...
Been thinking about you. Wishing I knew what to say/how to help. Love you much.
I love you too! Call me if you need anything. You're in my prayers.
Mandi, I'm thinking about you every day and praying for you. He sounds like such a wonderful dad...I'm sure he was. Our love to all of your family--
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Going through this recently it is tough, and it only gets tougher. If you need someone to talk to. I have found that when i share how my dad was and stories about him with the kids it makes me feel better. But it is hard and I am thinking of you. You are in my prayers.
I'm so sorry. You are in my prayers. We miss all of you.
So sorry Mandi-Hope you are finding peace at this very hard time! I am thinking of you and praying for you.
Mandi, I had no idea! I am so sorry. It is such great knowledge to know that you can be together again. I wish that there was something I could do or say to help. You'll be in our prayers.
Sweet Sweet Mandi! I am so sorry! There is no greater comfort than knowing the Plan of Salvation is real and that we ARE families forever! I wish that knowledge could erase how much we miss them in the meantime!
You are totally in my prayers! So is your family! I am sorry you all have to go through this! Please let me know if I can do anything! Even from long distance! :)
So, so, sorry, Mandi! You and your family have been in our prayers. I am so grateful that families are forever. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
Mandi, we are thinking about you guys and hope you will call if oyu need anything.
((((hugs))))
You're in our thoughts and prayers.
I love the tribute you did for him. What a great man he must have been! All my thoughts, prayers and hugs are with you and your family! Please let us know if we can do ANYTHING!
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my dad 2 years ago and it was unexpected, I know how hard it can be so I will keep your family in my prayers.
Let me know if you need anything! Even if it's just someone to talk to -k-
Mandi, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Your dad sounds like a wonderful man. Our thoughts are with you and your family.
Hey Girl, I just wanted to let you know that you can "stalk" my blog ANYTIME! It was so good to see you and the fam. I love J's so much, so I was happy to see a cute brunette by his side. Maybe this time he will get a little drive and catch her. :) I'm sorry for the long rant on my blog about your dad, but he really was one of a kind. Hang in there. Mis
Been thinking about you lots! That was a great post! I love the part where the dog Missy is included! Your Dad sounds amazing! Can't wait to get together one night!
Mandi, I am so sorry to hear about your dad, I don't know what to say but I am sorry and i know the lord will be there for you if you need someone to listen and some comfort at anytime just ask and he will be there beside you! You are a strong girl and I know that you will make him proud.
-Lisa
Mandy, I am so sorry to hear about your dad! That is a hard thing and I just think the world of you and send my deepest sympathy to you.
Post a Comment