We are very fortunate to have a birthday to celebrate with a very important holiday-Cinco De Mayo, that is, just barely...Maci Jae Wall was born at 11:59 PM on May 5th 2004 (wouldn't it have been cool if it was 2005- 5/5/05, oh well!) This year I kept catching myself saying that Maci was going to be 5 years old (May 5th is throwing me off). Well she is actually 4 years old today.
We started the day off by going to McKay's school fieldtrip to the Bean Museum at BYU, whoo hoo!! It was very nice being able to drive ourselves and not have to be over a little group of kids. We were able to enjoy the many stuffed heads hanging on the walls and even saw a presentation on animal babies, again whoo hoo!! I think Maci felt like a big girl being able to be there with the kindergarten kids. 
This year Maci requested a "Franklin" birthday cake. For those of you that don't know who Franklin is, he is a turtle cartoon that has friends, Bear, Goose, Fox, Cat and Owl. She has been obsessed with "Franklin" lately...I know, sadly Dora has lost the audience of Maci. I tell Maci a few days before that we will go to the store to see if we can order a "Franklin" cake, her reply is "No, Mom You can make a Franklin cake." Is she serious? Does she know who her mom is? Well, I don't want to let my 4 year old down, so with the help and encouragement from Kristin I attempt to make a "Franklin" birthday cake.
I am just happy when my family arrives and they all know that it is a turtle, and Maci is as happy as can be...Mission Accomplished!!
I cannot believe that my little Maci is already 4 years old. She definatley thinks she is a big girl, she told me today as she is standing up straight and so tall, "Mom, You can tell that I am now 4 years old because I am big now!" You sure are a big girl. I cannot believe it has already been 4 years. I wish some days the time would stop or at least slow down. I think I get so caught up in all the day to day activities that I don't take time to appreciate what I have, my little family. I am so grateful for Maci in our lives. She definately keeps us on our toes. I am often reminded of how hard I was for my parents, and how much harder I have it with Maci. I know that she is my challenge, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
I love having a little girl that likes to go shopping. I love being able to do her hair (although she hates it!). I love that she has started to enjoy playing dress-ups and likes to play "mom and dad" (I called it playing house). She likes playing with her dolls, but also knows how to play rough with the boys. I don't love that every pair of jeans she owns has a hole in each knee!! I love that she is so silly, but a lot of times is sassy. I love that she loves being a big sister, and that she likes to help me do just about anything. But most importantly, I am just grateful that she is my little girl, and will always be mine.
Happy 4th Birthday Maci, I love you sweetheart!




13 comments:
Holy cow they grow up too fast. It's hard to believe, isn't it? She's adorable! I love her smile in each of those pictures. So dang cute! Happy Birthday Maci!
I think your cake looks great!! My family all requests me to make custom cakes too, even my husband!Last night in fact he told me he wanted a hockey rink cake!
Happy Birthday Maci! She is such a beautiful little girl!! Way to go on the cake...it looks so good!
I think the cake looks great, good job!! Happy B-day Maci!!
How darling is she??? What beautiful pictures. Happy Birthday Maci! Great job on the cake Mandi! I knew you could do it.
WOW She is a doll! I love the cake!
She looks so grown up in that first picture!!!! Happy B-day!
They do grow up to fast seems like yesterday I was prego with the girls who are also 4 I wjish I could go back to those days sometimes but I do enjoy the blessings they have brought to our family. Maci is so cute. 2watch out before you know it she will be dating
Our little Maci is getting so grown up! Your cake rocked. Did it taste as good as it looked?
You are the baker extraordinaire! Cute little Maci, she is a big girl now.
Hey, I tagged you so check out my blog and I expect you to do it! By the way I can't believe that Maci is so big!
I am so happy you like your headbands! The only payment I will except is seeing Avery in them! It makes me happy that you like them!
By the way, you're not a mooch, I gave them too you!
Post a Comment