Friday, August 15, 2008

10 years of Happiness!!

I cannot believe that it has been TEN years already! Dave and I were married on August 15th 1998...if you ask him it was the 14th. We had this conversation on Sunday and he seriously thought that Thursday would be our anniversary. I told him to look inside his ring. I knew that paying an extra $$ for engraving would come in handy!
I have really been looking forward to our big TEN years to celebrate. I thought we would be able to go away for the weekend, but unfortunately for us we get to put that off. Dave's little brother is getting married first thing tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM. We are so happy for Steve and Sandy and hope they have a wonderful wedding day, as wonderful as it was for us TEN years ago.

I loved my wedding day, and have always said I would love to have that day all over again. It was such a perfect day. Yes, there were things that happened that most would think were a big deal, but it was such a wonderful day that those things seemed so small. I know that it was a very stressful day for my mom and I am forever in debt to her for all her time and planning to make such a perfect day happen.

The most memorable "oops" was our "First Night"...after such a long day and night from the reception we headed through Provo Canyon to stay at Daniel's Summit. Now for those of you that know about Daniel's Summit, it is now a beautiful lodge. Well TEN years ago there were 8 little cabins (no Lodge) and we had reserved a little cabin for the night. When we arrived, after 45 minutes of driving, the place was completely dark, no where to check in...Dave walked around trying to see if anyone was around (it was about 11:00 PM) There was no one, so what did we do? Turned back around and spent our "First Night" in our lovely apartment!! I called Daniel's Summit the next morning, and they were very appologetic. Apparently they failed to tell us which cabin was ours and that the door was unlocked with the key inside, waiting for our arrival!!! They rearranged for us to come again, so we returned 2 months later for my birthday!

The rest of the Honeymoon was a night at Anniversary Inn, and then a 5-day Mexican Baja cruise. The rest is History...

TEN Wonderful years married to the greatest friend and companion I could ask for. I look forward to the many many more years of Happiness. Here's to you Dave, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY today, not the 14th!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

9 comments:

Jonie said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love the picture of your wedding day.

Lindsee said...

congrats on the big 10 I hope all is well for you guys.

Beck's said...

This is Jodi Whicker Beck hey my email address is jakedbeck@msn.com
We are the Ptownbecks.blogspot.com
You guys looked so cute at the wedding. Congratulations on 10 years. I am not surprised dave couldn't remember the day....

Lindsay said...

That is funny about the cabin. We love camping, so that is what we did for our first night Well when we got there.....We had no poles for the tent!! So we spent the night in the back of the truck, after one night of that I made him pack up and take me to Anniverary Inn!!

Aubri n Scott said...

Happy anniversary! I am coming up on 16 on Wednesday! Where does the time go?

Chelsea said...

Wow!! That is a great picture. I've always thought that Macey looked like Dave. After seeing that I know she looks exactly like Dave!! You look the same! How great. 10 years and 3 kids and you still look just as young! Happy Anniversary. I hope that you get to do something fun!

Jason and Kristin said...

No worries, we'll find a time for you to get away for an overnighter. TEN is very impressive and you beat me to it. I still have another 4mo. I never thought Maci looked like Dave until somebody just mentioned it...she kinda does.

Natelli Johnston said...

you guys look so young in your pictures, you look beautiful. Your first night is so funny, as if that night is not already stressful enough!

Autumn said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the wedding day pic! Love Dave's facial hair! Great wedding night story!