Friday, January 9, 2009

'All I want(ed) for Christmas is...'

So all I had mentioned I wanted for Christmas was a Laptop (not an expensive one) like a day after Thanksgiving Day special one, but unfortunately I didn't get one. Being the frugal accounting husband that I have, Dave didn't think spending money on a laptop was necessary until...

One day he came home from work and mentioned that I would probably be getting an email from a girl from work. He said that her mom or somebody she knows, teaches a Photoshop class, and he said I would probably be interested so he gave her my email address. I was so dang excited when I finally got the email 3 weeks after our brief conversation. So in this email it informs me that classes will be starting January 22nd (less than 2 weeks now) and run every Thursday evening until May, it is held at an Art Studio, there is a monthly tuition and that the teacher is actually the girl, Emily, that Dave works with. Yada Yada...So I quickly respond (after dicussing with Dave) that I am very interested and I had a couple of questions: Where do I send my money, what supplies will I need (like a laptop?) and will I get any other info before the class date. I got a response of course telling me I could just pay Emily or mail it, and that information will come 1 week prior to the class.
Dave goes into work the next morning with my money to pay Emily and proceeds to get information from her, YES I will need a laptop.
After web surfing, browsing the weekly ads, and product comparing, I find this HP Notebook on sale at both Office Depot and Circuit City with a screaming $100 off automatically and a $50 mail-in rebate...neither one had any in stock.
I made a run to Costco for the household goods; TP, Tide Detergent, Dryer sheets, milk...you know, with the awesome couponbook in hand, and low and behold they have the SAME Laptop in the advertised coupon book with a $100 off coupon!! Well, to make a long story a bit longer, I didn't buy it that day, (I was a bit nervous making a big purchase like that alone). I waited until the next day after Dave's approval and headed back. Fresh off the delivery truck...a 16" HP G60-243CL Notebook for me.
I just want to say thank you to my wonderful hubby for encouraging me to take this class and for allowing me to get an extra Christmas present! Love ya!
And hopefully, it will help me be more up to date on my blog...warning: Christmas post coming soon...

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so excited and at the same time jealous. That sound like a fun class to take and I am sure that you will have a blast. I am jealous because I too need a new laptop and that is one out of many reasons that I have not been blogging. My Laptop shuts down on me and I can only have it sent in to have it fix for around $300 big ones. It is old and I would much rather buy a new one.
Good luck in class

Wendy said...

I know how you feel - I love my laptop. The best thing is I can use it wherever - I'm not stuck in the corner of the extra bedroom anymore. I hope you have fun in your class and learn lots.

Holly said...

Learn a lot at your class, then you can teach me! :-) You'll love it!! Remind me to show you my latest digital project.

Amy Jones said...

I'm super jealous. We have a laptop...but it usually ends up attached to my husbands lap. One of these days I'm getting my own. :) Enjoy your class. SO EXCITING!