I swear I am the poster child for early onset Alzheimer's. Yesterday.
We were just leaving to go to Payson for our weekly Sunday dinner and I had a headache, I had grabbed 2 Tylenol and a drink, ran back into the house and back to the car in a matter of 30 seconds...I got into the car and looked around foolishly and asked "did I take those Tylenol?" In a matter of seconds I could not remember if I had taken those pills. I start to take another 2, but instead Dave says, "Don't you want to wait to see if the headache goes away, then take them if not?" I just thought it would be easier to take another two just in case I FORGET again!!
So our conversation as we are driving goes a little like this:
Me: I really think that I am getting Alzheimer's
Dave: I hope not.
Me: Seriously, I have heard of Early Onset Alzheimer's
Dave: No, way not that young.
Me: Well, I hope you come and visit me when I am sent away.
Dave: Why? You won't remember!
Me: I will know.
Dave: How will you know?
Me: I just will, and if you don't I will come and haunt you.
They (whoever "they" are) say that women lose some of their brain cells while being pregnant, but will regain them over time...well it has been 18 months since I was pregnant last, and I have not felt them come back...I think it has actually gotten worse, hence my theory of "Early-Onset-Alzheimer's" I just hope I am taken good care of when I am sent off to the looney bin!
So this is not the only thing that I have forgotten...I actually forget MANY things throughout the day, this was just something so fresh I actually remembered to write about. But today, as I was visiting with my friend we were sitting there and out of the blue I realized that I had forgotten a very good friend of mine's birthday...TWO WEEKS AND ONE DAY LATE, AGHHHH! Now the problem with this one is that I see this friend daily, and still FORGOT. And for those that know me, I am usually good/better at remembering birthdays. Apparently not this year, so if I have missed any of your birthday's please know it is because of my new self diagnosed "Early-Onset-Alzheimer's" and I truly am sorry.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RONI 2 WEEKS AND 1 DAY LATE!!! love ya girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
I don't think it ever comes back. I mean it has been 13 years since I was pregnant and I still forget. The more kids you have the worse it gets!
I've never been pregnant and I still forget everything!
I agree the more kids you have the worse it gets!! I have to write everything down and I have 5 calendars!! I may be joining you in the loony bin!!
You totally make me laugh Mandi! I love this post!
I am so glad you left a comment on my blog! How fun! I LOVE reconnecting with old friends! It is one of my favorite parts of blogging! I am way excited that I get to keep tabs on you now! :)
Thanks for your comment! You are too sweet!
Save a spot for me when you get to the looney bin! I perfer the staring window if it's available. It does get worse with each kid and NO, I have never recovered.
I'll be right there with ya Mandi! It really must be motherhood...either that or the fact that we are constantly pulled in 17 thousand different directions. I'm the same way. I forget EVERYTHING!! It's so annoying. For the record I'll come visit you...if I remember...
Oh I'm so with you. You know how bad I am with my memory. The problem is I don't think I had many brain cells to begin with for them to die in pregnancy and... see, I just forgot what I was going to say right in the middle of what I was saying. Horrible! I'm pregnant, we'll just blame it on that.
It must take a really LONG time for your memory to come back...I am still patiently waiting for mine...I feel ya sister!
Post a Comment