Monday, February 23, 2009

Bring on the Game!

We have all been patiently waiting for it to get a little warmer outside, and this past week we finally got a few 'warmer' days. The snow has officially melted off of our yard, which has made for a perfect football field, and since it has become a little warmer McKay and his buddies have been out there every day after school playing football until the sun sets. (I wish I had a picture to post...next game!)

Now, introducing our new play area...

Thanks to the awesome Day-After-Thanksgiving deals, I came across this beauty for our Family Gift for Christmas. After sending McKay and Dave all over on a scavenger hunt on Christmas morning they found this Basketball stand hiding in Dave's dad's work trailer buried in the snow. They were both very excited! McKay has been begging to set it up ever since we got it home, but the weather has not cooperated until this week.
Saturday Day ONE: Dig a big hole (I forgot to take a picture), Go to Home Depot to buy 5 bags of cement, make a form for the foundation, mix the cement, measure and set the pole.
Sunday Day TWO: Let the cement set up (Day of Rest)

Monday Day THREE: Dave came home from work a little early to finish the project (good thing he did, because he surely didn't think it would take as long as it did!) Maci, McKay, and Graham were all good helpers between playing football, riding bikes, and playing in the muddy water. After a couple hours of assembling we got the finished product...Thanks to our Handyman dad and hubby we have the newest addition to our little neighborhood...Game ON!

5 comments:

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

Ok, so I was having some issues with leaving a comment - here you go.

I have loved these warmer days. Each afternoon as I drive by your house and see those boys playing football it makes me smile. They seem to be having so much fun! And now they can play basketball. Your house is definitely the place to be.

Kristi said...

Keep getting fun things like that so I don't have to, and I'll keep sending my kids over! Looks like fun!

Arin said...

What a good dad! Looks like so much fun! Yeah for SPRING!