Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Leppy" pays a visit




This morning the kiddos woke up to this...



Earlier in the night, McKay had gotten up to go to the bathroom, and came into our room and over to Dave's side and said, "Dad, I had to go to the bathroom and I woke up and saw footsteps from the Leprechaun... and he turned our toilet GREEN!" Dave said to go back to bed and we would investigate in the morning. (Sorry no pictures, it got flushed!)

McKay couldn't wait for Maci to wake up (I think he helped her a little bit). I sat and listened as they contemplated how little "Leppy" made it inside our home.

Maci: "I didn't even hear his footsteps!"
McKay: "Well, he came in and even used our bathroom!"
Maci: "How did he get in here?"
McKay: "I'm not sure...Let's follow his steps to find our pot of gold!"

He might have been a little dissappointed to find that the footsteps only went as far as up and down the stairs and onto the counter where they found this...
After the investigation was over, McKay happily agreed to have "Lucky Charms" for breakfast, which surprisingly went well with our 'GREEN' milk. Thanks Leppy for making a fun morning for the kiddos.
After a fun day at school both Maci and McKay had stories to tell of how the Leprechaun lost his shoe, left some gold, and a shiny rock that is part of the rainbow, and how he stole the treasure box, but returned it after the kids wrote him a 'very nice' letter. They were both convinced they could catch him. As a group effort the neighborhood kids set a trap, and then would hide to see if Leppy would come...with no luck, Maci tells me "Mom, the reason they can't catch the Leprechaun is because there is NO Rainbow!" Until next year, Keep your eyes open for rainbows, Leppy isn't too far from it!! Happy St. Patty's Day!

8 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

HOW FUN IS THAT?! Man, I am such a scrooge. We did NOTHING. Not one thing! Next year I am hoping "Leppy" pays a visit to our home! How fun!

Unknown said...

How fun!!! You are always so creative!!

Jarret said...

Way to go Mandi! That looks like so much fun. I never would have come up with those ides. All we got here at our house were green pancakes and the kids saw me make them. I just might have to steal some of your ideas for next year.

Jarret said...

That was posted by me Colette, not Jarret. Sorry I didn't realize he had our blog open in his name.

Christensen family said...

How fun Mandi! Sounds like your Leprechaun is quite tricky! I can't wait to see their traps for next year!

Tia said...

What a great idea!! How fun for your kids!

Rebecca said...

You are TOO fun... I love the toilet idea. I would have never come up with that one!

Jessica said...

You are too cute! Never heard of the green potty water! You are a genius!