Friday, April 25, 2008

We've caught some bug.

I have been sitting here for the past two hours trying to get caught up on my posts. Not only am I tired, but I feel like my head is going to blow off...I don't know if it is alergies or a stinkin head cold...whatever it is I have it while the flu has gone from McKay to now Dave throwing up his guts! We have had the bad luck this week...

It started with Avery, not her happy self, and not sleeping, then fevering...I took her in to the Dr. Monday morning, double ear infections...later that night her fever peaked at 104.9, yikes. I freaked out and called the Dr. and learned something new. A fever usually peaks in the evenings because of a hormone that is released from the body. At least that was what the nurse told me.

Maci has had a constant runny nose/cough, but has seemed to be fine with a little cough medicine.

Last night McKay had complained of his stomach hurting, I sent him to bed with a little children's Pepto...he woke up 1 hr later, in time to watch the Jazz game with Dave, but ended shortly by throwing up all over our downstairs carpet...I was able to use our shopvac for the first time!
This morning Dave woke up feeling under the weather, but still went into work. After running around all day, we came home to a husband/dad, curled up in a ball sound asleep on the bed. After a 4 hour nap, a few fever chills, and throwing up himself, he is back to bed.
With all of this, I/mom/wife, sit here half drugged with Sinus Decongestant medicine that I took 4 hours ago, that isn't working, wondering if maybe it is allergies and if I have a medicine for that, I know that tomorrow I will still have to keep up with everyone else. We definately need to nip Daves in the bud because in two days he leaves for Japan!!! I better get better fast!!! Me and 3 kids for a week with this pounding headache is not going to be pretty.

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh Mandi! We had that virus this last week. The kids started throwing up on saturday night and Kyle left Sunday morning for the week. It lasts about 3 days. I am so sorry. Hopefully, the worst will be over by the time that Dave leaves! Allergies are really bad right now too. Sounds like your family has both! Good job to McKay loosing his first tooth. Don't you feel old? I love how proud they are. It's cute. Kyle leaves on Sunday morning and I'll be alone all week so, call me, we'll get together.

Nina and Ryan said...

Holy cow--I'm sooo sorry. Makes me realize that all the complaining I've done around my house aren't nearly so bad. We've just all had head colds this week, but I think we are getting over the hump. I hope you all feel better!!!

Autumn said...

You poor thing! I really hate the throw ups! Good luck getting rid of them quickly! Your poor baby! I would have been freaking out...I didn't know that about fevers, good to know! Feel better soon!

Natelli Johnston said...

oh oh you poor girl! I hope you are feeling better.

Wendy said...

How awful to have the whole family sick at once. I hope you all feel better soon!!!

Erin said...

I think we had the same flu, it hit us all at once so we thought we maybe got food poisoning from Pizza Hut (Jazz Game Night)
Thanks so much for helping me with the bread making. I finally got it to work.

-Erin

Anonymous said...

Mandi, I finally sat down and looked at blogs,,,your kids are getting so BIG! So whats the tooth fairy giving now days? Two bucks a tooth?! Bummer you have all been sick. Give me a call sometime and I'll help out, I'm not that far away. Take care and love ya! Sue

Teri said...

I'm so sad to hear you are sick again, and to hear the whole fam is sick too, that is no fun at all. Please let me know if I can bring you some oj or soup.

Jaclyn and kodey said...

I am so sorry to hear that you gise are sick that is no fun being sick exspecially the hole fam, good luck. Your blog is so cute you kids are growing up so fast, can you belive how fast are baby's are growing it is sad. jaclyn