I guess you could say that all the 150+ women, with the exception of 2 men that I saw, as well as myself and 2 friends, we would be the real guppies!! However, I was at this home for 4 1/2 hours to sign up my little ones for swim lessons. My real goal was to at least have a session open for Maci, but as I wait, and wait, and wait I see the "guppies" classes filling up quickly.
So this is how my day actually went...First Day without dad, McKay off to school, Maci and I are sick still in PJ's, early out for McKay, lunch, then my friend Roni stopped by and said she was going to sign up for swim lessons...I kindof invite myself to do the same, and also tell Kristin about it. I had no idea this is what it would be. There were 3 days advertised for registration so we figure "there's nothing else going on today, I will just go get it done." The time was 3pm-5pm, oh wait we can pay with Cash Only or Cashiers check, so off to the bank I go, I get there at 3:15PM and there is a line of 150+ women. We (me, McKay, Graham, and Ethan-we met their moms there) were greeted with signs posted "Absolutely no CUTZ in line, Keep Children out of flower beds, Keep Children out DANGER!, and NO RESTROOMS" I think the line will move along, but after 1 hour and still not much progress, I begin to wonder. Kristin, Roni and I are at the end of the line with a few straglers, we figure out later we could have gone home and been back at 5Pm and still would have waited 1/2 the time.Oh what fun we are having...thank goodness for our drink/goody run to Harts...that held us over for a little bit. Thank goodness the kids were freely playing in the DIRT and with sprinkler heads, and for the most part getting along. Thank Goodness that I have an awesome neighbor that had Maci (and later dropped her off to me). Thank goodness I have a very good third child that didn't mind drinking a mixed bottle of a little milk and apple juice (I wasn't prepared), and Thank Goodness that Kristin is ALWAYS prepared (with a few snacks, water, diaper, wipes, and burp cloth, to name a few).
After we invested 2 hours of our time we realize that it is taking each person a minimum of 5 minutes of "counseling" to get registered, we stick it out. I held on to the last of our treats, Peachy Rings, after many hungry cries from the children I tell them our goal is to get to the second bench and then I will open them. We finally reach the bench, yeah, and we only have McKay, Graham, and Ethan. (Shane stopped and picked up the girls and Jason picked up Jonah) More peach rings for us, okay really, only 2 each!!
Surprisingly, there are still some spots open, and I successfully register my kids for two sessions. I jokingly ask if they will call us to remind us of our 4 month out committment. They laugh and say no!! For 4 1/2 hours and $145 later, I don't even get a reminder notice!! So I ask again, Who's the real guppy now?





2 comments:
Wow...Super Moms.... all of you! That sounds like quite the day. We miss seeing McKay,Graham, and Ethan in primary. I bet they are going to have a blast together!
Those sound like some KILLER swim lessons. You are a great, patient mom. I would have maybe stayed 30 minutes and then look else where!!! Cute blog by the way!!!
Post a Comment