Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bouncin' Fun

Since I have been a single mom this week, I have tried to have things to do to help pass time, but having this horrible head cold hasn't done me any favors. Today, I had to get out of the house. Well, I couldn't enjoy any warm Spring weather because we woke up to yet another freezing day with SNOW!! It is May 1st...there should not be SNOW!

Last night we had a fun night with Kristin, Graham, and Jonah. Kristin had forgot that Jason wouldn't be home until late, and she made a lot for dinner so she called and asked if she could share...of course! Chicken Noodle Soup and Breadsticks, it totally hit the spot, and it was DELICIOUS! (thanks Kristin) We decided to make it a mini girls night by letting the kids watch a movie upstairs, while we watched '27 Dresses' downstairs. By 9PM we were exhausted (5 kids can do that to you!) The boys also had a little sleepover, since I would be watching Graham while Kristin and Jason headed to Logan for the day (they left real early). Just after Kristin left to go home I had two little boys in tears. Graham wanting to go home, and McKay sad that he would leave. I told them I would check on them in 15 minutes, of course they were both out in 5. During the night (I hadn't gone to bed quite yet) I heard a thud...yep, Graham had fallen out of bed!! I went and checked on them and he was sound asleep. Poor boy woke up with a couple of bumps on his forehead, but it didn't seem to bother him. McKay was happy Graham stayed, and the two of them got ready and off to school.

Kristin watching our chick flick, Jonah was sporting some crazy hair and the kids enjoyed their late night movie, Scooby-Doo

This is before Graham fell off of the bed...ouch!

Avery didn't have a good night to say the least. She was up almost every half an hour, until I decided to put her in bed with me. Only later waking up with a 102 fever. When is it ever going to end? Maci had her friend Lilly come over to play, I am so grateful for another little friend. Maci has been aching for another friend since Sydney moved away, we all miss Syd and her family. They were inseperable so since she has been gone, I have gone a bit nuts with her being so bored.


Today, I thought I would try to be a "nice" (single) mom, and take the kids to Kangaroo Zoo. I asked Lexi if she wanted to come, so it ended up being Me, McKay, Maci, Graham, Avery, Lexi, Dylan, and Emmett that went, and we had a lot of fun. I even ended up on the slides and had the most fun in the "Wrestling Match" bounce house with the kids. We had a blast. McKay and Graham both tried to be "Nacho Libre" with all their moves as I kept throwing them off of me, into the air, to bounce off of the walls. It sure gave me a workout, and wore them out as well. I think I earned a few brownie points from that trip, McKay kept saying how much fun he had, and that made me feel happy!

We are down to 2 more nights until Dave is home on Saturday. I have been called the meanest mom...have been yelled at "I wish dad was here, and you were the one gone for a really really long time!" I have been up many sleepless nights with this head cold and a sick baby... I have cried because the kids won't listen to me...McKay and Maci have spent many minutes in their rooms for not obeying...we have been able to eat mac-n-cheese, hotdogs, sandwiches, and cereal for dinner (I haven't had to go grocery shopping)...I spent FHE night in line for 4 1/2 hours signing my kids up for swim lessons...I have watched '27 dresses' 3 times...I watched the Jazz lose, terribly, all by myself...and mostly I have been pretty lonely without Dave. So for those of you that have spouses that travel, I am sorry...it SUCKS!!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I love 27 dresses too! Do you want to watch it a fourth time? I am so sorry that you have all been sick. It is hard enough when dad is gone. Maybe I could drop off some chocolate tomorrow, that makes everything better.

auttelf said...

I know how you feel. That is how it was when Jeremy went back to work. Kenz cried for him everytime I sent her to her room.

Kristi said...

I'm sorry you are sick, but you still manage to have some fun, good for you!! We should get Adi and Maci together she is stuck with all boys and wants girls to play with so bad sometimes!

Autumn said...

You are such a good mom Mandi! Wow..it has been a super tiring week for you! I hate it when I'm home alone...and you added extra kids to the mix! Looks like tons of fun at kangaroo zoo!

Keisel Family said...

Hang in there. At least Dave's trip lets you know how much you appreciate having him home. Go Jazz! (and the Utes)

Teri said...

You have to be the best mom ever! You go to Kangaroo Zoo when you are sick and have a sick baby! They will remember those awesome times and how cool you are. Look how much fun they had, such cute kidos.