Last night Dave and McKay had a little Dad and Son (and friend) bonding time. Thanks to the perks Dave has at work, they were able to go to the Delta Center (AKA The Energy Solutions Arena, I just can't get used to that name!) and play on the Utah Jazz's basketball court.
Dave usually plays pick-up ball every Friday morning at the Open Court gym, and for all of the guys that play they were invited to go and play at the Delta Center. Dave had come home a couple of weeks ago and told me they were planning on doing this, and McKay could not wait. He had asked if his friend Hinckley could go, and I had planned on going until Dave said that he didn't think other families were going. I sortof felt stupid for wanting to go, but I really thought it might be fun, oh well. Needless to say, the girls stayed behind.
Since I wasn't going to be there I sent the camera with the boys so they could get a few photos...well they left it in the car, go figure! Thanks to technology today (cameras in cell phones) they got these few pictures. A big Thank you goes out to Ben for taking them with his phone, and then forwarding them on to Dave, to forward to me, to get them on this post...
Since I wasn't going to be there I sent the camera with the boys so they could get a few photos...well they left it in the car, go figure! Thanks to technology today (cameras in cell phones) they got these few pictures. A big Thank you goes out to Ben for taking them with his phone, and then forwarding them on to Dave, to forward to me, to get them on this post...
McKay had a lot of fun shooting some hoops himself. He was also able to run around the whole arena. With them being the only ones there, they had many great hiding places, and had all the rows of seating to run around.
A little backwards shot?McKay dribbling the ball.
The basket looks a little high!
Notice the huge crowd looking on, NOT!
So what do you think? A Basketball career in our future? We'll keep dreaming! Go JAZZ!







6 comments:
What a great memory for McKay, everytime he goes there he will remember the time he got to play on that floor.
I bet he loved it! Little boys dream of that stuff. I found your blog on everyone elses. And I put it on mine. I didn't know so many people had them. Here is mine http://telffam.blogspot.com
That is so neat! What a great Daddy McKay has! Those little boys are getting to be really big boys! I still remember them whispering and giggling during primary all of the time!
My boys are going to be so jealous!!! (big and small) Those were great pics...don't you love cell phone cameras!?
Utah fans and Jazz fans... what more could we ask for?
McKay and Dave are going to remember that for a long time. Kurt was jealous for two reasons - he would love to go hang out in the arena and he would love for Mason to be old enough to hang out with.
Thanks for your comment on my blog. You had great advice!
No Way! How cool is that? McKay will remember that forever! That is so awesome! He could totally be a future Jazz player! Go McKay!
Post a Comment