Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Get us out of the Cold...Mesquite, oh yeah!!

I think we have begun a Spring Break tradition...Thanks to Julie and her grand idea last year we are continuing the tradition to go to Mesquite for a Spa/Golf Vacation. Only this year I decided that it isn't long enough! Next year we hope to stay an extra day (at least I hope to!)


McKay and Dylan had the same outfits for the trip, they are such good buddies!

I had been really looking forward to this mini vacation for some time, and I will have to say it was well worth the wait. This year Vicki, Jim and the kids, Mike and Whitney, and Steve and Blake came along. We got our hotel rooms for 2 nights, the Spa package for the girls and the guys got an 18-round of golf at the resort all for $50 a night...We took the kids to the arcade at the Virgin River and then to the pool while the guys golfed. It was 82 degrees and was heaven. It was nice to sit in the warmth after the crappy snow/rain/wind we left on Wednesday!

The guys loading their clubs.

As the girls relaxed at the spa and had our massages the guys headed back to the pool with the kids and then miniature golfed...we had lots of fun swimming, laying out, riding the go-karts, spending money at the arcade, eating at the buffets, golfing, relaxing, getting massages, and eating some more! The kids rode especially well thanks to the technology of the DVD player in our car.


Here are the kids at the arcade...then in front of the prize booth...great prizes for 550+ tickets!

McKay and I rocked on the Go-Karts!! Nobody could keep up with us! McKay thought I was a bit crazy, buy hey, I gotta have a little fun too!!




I love this picture of Avery and Ali...they had so much fun together...Ali was her other mom for the trip, and I know Avery didn't mind at all. Thanks Ali!


On our way home we stopped in St. George and played some more at the Family Fiesta Fun Center. Like we didn't get enough of the arcade...they were also able to ride the Kiddie-Kars! I think we all had a great time, and can't wait until next year.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I can't believe we didn't run into you. It sure was nice to be outside all day! But coming home on Sunday was sure depressing!

Chelsea said...

Looks like fun! I'm so glad that someone got out of the cold!

auttelf said...

I need a vacation bad!!! Sounds like fun. We are going to St. George soon. I can't wait. Come on warm weather!!!