Friday, April 4, 2008

We Got Munk'd!!!

For all of you Alvin and the Chipmunks fans out there, I hope you got your copy of the DVD this week. I know in our house it was a favorite of the kids, and I have to admit that I actually liked it myself. Having watched it as a kid (and liking it then) I took my kids to the theater when it first came out. I was a little hesitant then because I was afraid of their screeching voices, but it wasn't so bad after all. Well this week was the DVD release, and I bought it at Walmart ($13.99) we have gotten our monies worth with how many times Maci and McKay have watched it.

This morning on the news there was a clip with the actual Chipmunks announcing the release of the soundtrack and their big 'Get Munk'd' tour, with a stop in Provo, Utah. As I was laying there in bed I thought "that could be something fun to do today," and Dave was standing there saying "How gay, I won't be going to that..." so as the day progressed, I watched my usual "Good Things Utah" and Alvin, Simon, and Theodore appeared as the guests and again announced the times for their 'Get Munk'd' performances. I was still a little unsure about the idea, but thought I really needed to get out since I have been stuck inside all week with this horrible head cold. So I called my sister in law to see if she and Dylan wanted to go. The only time that worked for her was 6:00, so Alvin, Simon, and Theodore here we come!!

I called Dave to tell him that I planned a date night, with all of us. I could hear him cringing as I told him what we were doing, but told him that Brian would be coming and that we would plan on going to eat afterward. Not that he wanted to do either, he ended up being a good sport and missed the Jazz game to come hang with us. Thanks Dave, and especially thanks from McKay and Maci for holding them both on each shoulder so that they could see. McKay and Maci promised me that they would take a nap in order to go, and believe it or not I actually had all 3 of them asleep at the same time...so if anything good came out of the night, I at least got naps from all of my kids. Pretty rare occasion so I need to make sure that it is documented!! Not only was there good naps, but good food, and a night out with the fam, it was FUN!!

Here are a few pictures that I was able to get by holding the camera in the air and shooting (hoping that I would get something worth posting!) The picture at top is from the mall, the kids stood in front of the green curtain and took a picture with the guitars, then they photo-shopped the background of the chipmunks and then downloaded it on a flash drive...worked for me!!



6 comments:

Selfieprotection said...

Hey Mandi It is Lisa West I found your Blog through well a little train which lead me to you. your kids have grown so much and are so beautiful. It sounds like life is busy, and full of fun times. Check out my blog sometime www.westbunch.blogspot.com it would be great to hear from you.

Lindsay said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!!

Autumn said...

Sad we missed this! We love the chipmunks! :)

Wendy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I love the Chipmunks!

Teri said...

You guys are such awesome parents. I'm sure your kids had tons of fun. I didn't know you have a nasty head cold, I'm so sorry, I hate those! In the pics we couldn't see Dave's face having so much fun.

The Lower Family said...

My boys are way jealous! They loved the movie! You are such a good mom do think of things like that to do with your kids! I am just way to lazy!