Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 3, let the tears flow...

I figured I would give a days rest on our survivor week (or 12 days), but I can at least say that yesterday we survived another day. So far, so good. It hasn't been as bad as I was expecting. I think I fooled myself into thinking it would be really rough, but then again we are only on day 3, talk to me next week.

This morning started out so well. First off, Avery is back to sleeping through the night, yeah! The last 2 weeks she has been waking up at odd hours, but since Sunday she hasn't been waking up until 7AM. Good girl! Last night when I was getting the kids in bed I told McKay that he needed to clean his room before he was able to play. Well, he did just that. Right when he woke up he cleaned his room and got dressed then came to watch cartoons. Usually it is a big fight in the mornings, not today. Thank you buddy!

All along I thought it would be McKay and I butting heads, but instead it is Maci that I am having a difficult time with. Monday she would not let me do her hair, so she wasn't allowed out of the house (her friends came to her.) She has been very mouthy and ornery lately, I think due to lack of sleep, so tonight I told Maci and McKay that they needed to be in bed by 8:00. That is when the tears started flowing...my little emotional boy started really missing his dad, then Maci started in, so bring on the tears!!

Since Dave has been gone his cell phone has not been working for him (I think I wrote about it in my last post). Anyway, he has been calling from his laptop, but the connection has been hard to hear him. So as the kids are becoming unconsolable I decide to try his cell phone. Low and behold it works!! He was on his way to the airport to head to Malaysia so he had some time to talk. Poor little McKay had to take a minute to calm down before he talked, but finally was able to hear his dad, and I know it made him feel a lot better. Maci said her goodnight wishes to him and was done.

Hopefully, the sleep will be better for them and tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: