Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Date with the Family!

I wanted to have a little fun evening out before Dave left for his 12 days away from us, so I thought of a few different things we could do. I first thought maybe Dave and I could just go out, and thanks to my sis she even offered to babysit just so that we could go out. I asked if I could take a rain check for when he actually gets home.

I decided that we all needed to go as a family so...I went to Costco and bought a Boondocks gift card...the kids were very excited!! So after Dave went to work a half day and then packed his ONE suitcase (for 12 days remember, no way would a woman be able to do that!!) off we headed for Boondocks, yeah!!

Well, for a Friday night we were surprised that it wasn't too busy. The kids really had a good time playing in the Kiddie Kove and then went crazy playing the arcade games. I have to admit playing the Monopoly game was a little exciting for myself...even though I never hit the "Jackpot" it did bring back memories of the slot machines in Wendover...as the tickets kept coming out, if only they were worth more than the awesome dollar store prizes we cashed them in for!!

Maci and McKay were entertained for awhile until all the tokens ran out...off to the ticket machine...then to cash them in for our one day use prizes (actually a 1/2 hour use on the helicopter, it broke after the second try.) It didn't matter what prizes they got, it was just fun to see how excited and happy the night was for them.

We headed off to get something to eat and of course Maci wanted Pizza. She could eat pizza for every meal if we would let her. We settled for and Italian restaurant, La Vigna...we were able to get right in, it was a little pricey, but good. We all had a good night, and was especially fun to be all together.

It was an early morning the next day for Dave, he headed out at 6:00 AM...and the twelve day countdown was on!!!

No comments: