Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Baby is 5 months old...



Where does the time go? I cannot believe that my little Avery is already 5 months old. Since I just started blogging here is the scoop on my little Avery...


Avery Mae (named after my Grandma Rena Mae) was born on September 19th, 2007...mom was hoping she would come before that, but unfortunately had to be induced, she chose September 19th in honor of dad's little brother Bret and mom's little brother Jesse's birthday's...how fun to all celebrate the same day!! She weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. and was 19 inches long (the exact same as Maci on both). We planned on leaving the hospital by Friday in order to attend aunt Kristen's wedding on Saturday...didn't happen. Instead we had a little setback when on day 2 little Avery was sent to the NICU for being a Coombs Positive baby. After numerous pokes, and pricks, IV's and lights by day 5 we were able to bring her home. We continued to take her in for testing (more pokes) but after one week, all was well...We have been so blessed with such a good spirited baby. She has been a very happy baby from the start, and we all love and adore her!!


Where does she get her BLUE eyes, light skin, and light hair from, you ask? Yeah, we were just as shocked when she started losing her jaundice tan and I could see a tint of red in her light hair. Nothing like McKay or Maci...but she is ours!!! My mom said to me one day, "It's just not fair that all your kids get the Wall side looks." I just turned to her and asked "Have you looked in the mirror?" My mom has beautiful Blue eyes and blonde hair(okay from a box) but I can still say that Avery has my side of the family looks as well. At least I know the BIG eyes are mine!!


So now that she is 5 months here are her stats: she last weighed in at 13 lbs. 8 oz. and was 24 3/4 inches long. Her most recent accomplishments are: she is sitting up unattended, and she loves Rice Cereal!! Those are just a couple to start with mor to come!!


We love you miss Avery!!

8 comments:

Amber Culp Family said...

Welcome to the world of blog. I am so glad to finally see pix of Avery, since the only emails you send me are forwards! She looks like grandma Vicki, so cute. I am happy I can take peeks at your cute family.

Autumn said...

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe your baby is 5 months! It seems like she was born yesterday! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I love the blog! I am so glad you're a blogger now! I am not leaving until tonight, so if you need me just let me know! T

Emily said...

She really is beautiful Mandi! Welcome to the blogging world!

Lindsay R. said...

Avery is so stinkin cute! I am so glad that Brightyn will have a little friend her same age in the ward!

Amy Jones said...

I seriously can't believe how cute she is! With your fun kids you'll always have bunches to blog about. Have fun and enjoy the 5 month stage-it's my fav. :)

Chelsea said...

YAY!!! Mandi is a blogger!!! I can not tell you how many times I have thought to call you the last 4 months! Your baby is absolutely beautiful! She doesn't look like any of you! All of your kids are so gorgeous and you can make all kinds evidently!!I still have your gift for her. Good thing I bought a 12 mo!!

Anonymous said...

Mandi! how fun! I love Blogs! Even though I don't have one myself...I guess I could take pictures of Dave and Bode! But its so fun to see and hear whats going on in your life. What a cute mom you've become (who'd of thought?!) Your little Avery is a doll! Love Sue