Tuesday, March 4, 2008

12 Days...Almost There!!! (actually it is 13, eek!!)

First off, I want to say Thank you to everyone that has been checking up on me. I am happy to report that we are doing well especially with only 2 1/2 days left!! I have tried to keep us busy to keep our minds off the fact that Dad isn't here to keep us company. I have occasionally heard "mom you are really nice" and "I like when dad is gone, cuz I get to have a lot of sleepovers." I must admit though that I haven't kept with a strict schedule at night, which I unfortunately have paid for the next day with grumpy kids.

Here are a few things we have done to keep ourselves busy:
Day One- McKay had 2 birthday parties to go to, Maci went swimming with her friend and then we watched a movie.
Day Two- we skipped out of Stake Conference and made our Sunday visit/dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Wall's a little early.
Day Three- school day for McKay then played with friends in the Spring-like weather.
Day Four- school day for McKay and Maci, again played outside, went to Target.
Day Five- school day for McKay and Gymnastics for Maci, a diet coke delivery (thanks Cheree) ran some errands another Target trip, and then to uncle Mike's birthday party (it was a late night).
Day Six- school day for both, outside again, then a trip to the Dollar Tree, McKay and Maci both got to get a surprise grab bag (awesome for a buck) we got home and Hinckley called to see if McKay could sleepover for Friday!
Day Seven: school day then McKay got picked up to go to the Miller's, Maci and Mom had a really fun night with "the girls" We had friends over, ordered pizza, played games, ate treats and best of all danced to Dance Dance Revolution! Maci even got to stay up late! I stayed up even later cleaning the house for the next day.
Day Eight- (I am beginning to feel the lack of sleep) I had a baby shower/open house for a friend (day one I made invites for) It was a lot of fun. My sis-in-law called and said she was coming by to get the kids to sleepover at grandmas!! Avery and I had a quiet evening, besides the howling wind and storm blowing over.
Day Nine- Avery and I had a peaceful Sunday morning, got ready for church and was even there 10 min. early (note: I still didn't get our bench, but still got a soft seat!)
Day Ten- The kids were out of school (teacher dev. day) we just hung out at home until 4pm then went and got grandma Vicki and met Kristen and Kaiden at the movie theater. We saw "Enchanted" for the second time, at the most run-down theater. ever.
I tried to take a picture with my phone to prove it, but the majority of the seats were all torn, and it was dirty. Oh well for $10 for six tickets and bottomless popcorn, what do you expect? We had yummy dinner at Kneaders then back home to bed. It was a fun FHE, although McKay said it couldn't be FHE without Dad.
Day Eleven- that is today...school for both the kids and a lazy day for Avery and I. Now the kids are playing and we plan on going to grandma's for dinner and to play with uncle JJ. (McKay is excited to play the Wii)

So as I am listing the days here, I realized that it is actually 13 Days!! As for the next two: tomorrow after McKay's school we are going down to Amy and Brian's so I can get my hair done, and the kids can play. On our way home we will stop in at the good 'ol Classic Skating for McKay's school skate night. Thursday: WELCOME HOME DADDY!!! YEAH!!

All in all, this time without Dave has been long. I am definitely grateful for technology today; cell phones, lap top routing, and instant messaging. I have been able to talk to him twice a day and everyday I have looked forward to those calls I got from him. I am glad he has gotten the opportunity to go to these crazy places, but next time not this long. I have truly missed him and I have grown to love and appreciate him more and more. I am so lucky to have such a great husband who has missed us too, and who I hope is just as excited to come home as we are for him getting here. We love you Dave/daddy!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

That is such a cute picture! How do you get them all to look in the same picture? I am wondering why Costco was not on your list? I missed seeing you. You are so brave, I can't sleep at home when Eric is gone.

The Brown 6 Pak said...

Mandi, I had no idea that you've been by yourself for the last 12 days. You are one brave woman.

Natelli Johnston said...

Hey there Mrs. Wall, I found your blog today. Super cute! well have a good one. nat