I picked the girls (Maci, Madison and Morgan) up from pre-school today and was greeted by three very excited girls. They talked about the leprechaun and all the treats that he had left for them at Mrs. Grays house. There conversation was more of a plan and where they were going to look first for their "pot of gold". Maci then asks me where I think he has hidden her pot of gold...I precede to tell her that he left it at her school. She argues a little with me saying, "No mom, Mrs. Gray said that there would be a pot of gold at our house and we have to find it." I am thinking to myself, yes please let me know when you find that pot of gold... (curse Mrs. Gray)!! Madison came home with us while her mom was out, so as soon as we pulled in, they both run into the house and go for flashlights. I don't know where they are going to go looking!!! After searching in all the bedrooms and downstairs, they come to me again asking where I think the pot of gold is...I again explain that the leprechaun went to their school just like he did for McKay the day before. Apparently that wasn't good enough...Maci asks, with the phone in her hand, "What's Dad's number?" This is the message she left...
Maci: (talking excitedly and very fast) "Hi dad, I was just wondering if when you get home you can take me, Mckay, you and Madison to the mountains and go hiking to find the pot of gold...by the rainbow okay bye!"
A few minutes Dave calls back, she answers and again says her message...she then hands me the phone...Dave says, "what the heck is she talking about?" Exactly...when you find that pot of gold, please send it my way!!!
P.S. There was no pot of gold left here!!




3 comments:
You left me hangin' how did you ever get out of this mess. Did Maci ever find her gold?
Seriously! I think I would have to give Mrs. Gray a call!! What did you do??
We went through the exact same scenario. (Including the inward cursing of Mrs. Gray). In fact, I think Lindy's still looking for that pot of gold. She's also still trying to convince me that I have a spider in my hair (April Fools!) SHEESH. :)
Post a Comment