Friday, March 28, 2008

WELCOME HOME Steve...Sean, Grandpa & Grandma

We are so happy to announce that uncle Steve (Elder Wall) is home...as well as Grandma and Grandpa and Sean!!! They returned on Wednesday March 26th.

We all anxiously waited at the airport for their arrival. Their plane was originally supposed to land at 11:15 AM, but was delayed in Texas until the arrival at 3:40 PM. I know they were anxious to get here too!

I had a sign made at the Party store in town and had balloons along with the dozens of yellow balloons that Vicki brought to help celebrate uncle Steve's return from his mission in Santiago, Chile. We were so happy when we saw his smiling face as he came down the hallway in the airport. I think he was very happy/surprised to see everyone. The little nieces and nephews were holding the sign and balloons to welcome him home. It was fun to see the reaction from the kids especially Dylan and Maci, who were just little when he left. He says Maci is the one that has changed the most.

There is something about the feeling of having a missionary present, and to know he is part of the family, and finally home was such a comforting feeling...I know I got teary eyed, but what is new!! The reactions on everyone's faces and the stares from the little ones was priceless.

Steve was able to meet the two new additions to the family, Avery and Trevyn. I think he was pretty surprised. He was also surprised at the new addition to Dave's arm...a Tattoo, is that real?

After pictures, hugs, reaquaintances, and getting baggage, we headed to the Golden Corral for dinner. It was fun to see the change in him. I think we are all so happy he is home, as for Steve, I think he's a little sad to have left Chile. He loved it there, loved the missionary work, and especially loved the people. I cannot wait to hear his stories. This Sunday is his Homecoming so we will get to hear about his wonderful 2 year experience in Santiago, Chile.


Here are a few pictures that I captured of our fun day....(see slide show below!)


Welcome Home Steve, we are glad you are home! We love you!



No comments: