How fun would having a cast be if you weren't able to choose your favorite color? On Tuesday we took Maci into the surgeon and were given the news that yes it would be casted, but best of all only for about a month. Yeah!! He confirmed that it was indeed a fracture on the Tibia and showed us that it was just below the growth plate (which is good). Had it been closer to the growth plate, she would have had to have surgery. Thank goodness it was a clean break. He said that it should heal up nicely and to come back in a month...so we are scheduled back July 25th.
We were directed to another room (the "casting" room) where the tech gently unwrapped the stint, and then with my help re-wrapped it with a waterproof hard cast. I was so excited when the doctor ordered it "waterproof" that means she can take a bath!! He had asked us how active she is and I guess the look on my face gave said enough!! For anyone that has not had to go through the casting process, I thought it was pretty cool. He started by measuring her leg then pulled out a gauze roll and got it wet. As I held her leg and foot in the right place, he wrapped it with the wet sticky gauze, which would later turn very hard. The last layer was her choice of color, and out of 15 colors including a girl camo...she chose PINK, of course!
I just want to say, she has been a very good sport in all of this. She has been missing out on a lot including her swim lessons that I stood in line for 4 1/2 hours for, but she is a trooper. She is now scooting around and like the dr. said she will probably have the bottom worn out by the time she comes back in a month...we are on our way!!




9 comments:
Holy Cow, what a cute little stinker! I love the pink cast. I feel for her, my goodness. I'm glad that you are taking pictures. I broke my femur (the big thick bone below your hip) when I was three and had a cast on both legs and hips with a bar in between, and no pictures! sheesh, my mother! I feel bad that this is the beginning of the summer. bummer. Come on big biceps!
She is such a cutie!...and handling it all so well! I LOVE the pink cast! Good choice Maci...I think I would have gone with the pink also!
Well, if she does have to have a cast... I have to say she looks very cute with her pink cast! She is such a pretty little girl.
She really has been a good sport...bless her heart! She looked cute in the parade in her wagon.
She looks very cute! It will be over before you know it! When Ky broke her arm it was on her growth plate, and she ended up having surgery! BLAH! good luck.
Mandi I can't read anything you wrote but I can't believe how big her cast is. Poor little thing.
Melissa, I don't know why you aren't able to see my posts...I know who you need to ask to get it fixed...she is the blogging guru!! Call Autumn, hopefully she can help. It is very strange!
She looks like she is still having a fun summer, even with the cast on. Isn't it amazing how tough our kids can be!!
Mandi this is Jodi Whicker Beck from payson. One of my cousins told me to look at her friends Blog page and I was looking at it and there was this name Dave and Mandi Wall. So I was a stalker and checked it out. I love it.. Tell Dave hello.
Post a Comment