(don't mind the huge mess on the washer!!)
Our weekend was cut a little short on Saturday as we were in the middle of cleaning out MY closet (4 huge bags to the DI) and doing our endless laundry!! Well, after the second load of 2 white batches (that's how much laundry we have) we discovered our dryer was NOT drying the clothes, eek!! Being the handy husband I have, Dave got the tools out and tinkered with the machine for a bit, but still nothing!! We decided that it probably had given up after a near 10 year life with us!!
So we headed off to the appliance stores nearby to try to find a dryer for the best buy...no pun intended, but the first place we looked was actually Best Buy. They had an open box last years model of a Whirlpool dryer marked down because of a dent in the front...after looking at Costco, Lowes and the local Hutches in town, we ended back at the Best Buy. We made our purchase, and had to have my brother come pick the darn thing up in his truck and deliver it to our home for us (we are cheap and didn't want to spend the $55 for delivery). Thanks Jesse for taking time out of your Saturday night to help us out!
After carefully unloading and unwrapping the plastic from the machine, Dave discovers it is a freaking GAS dryer!!! We thought we were getting such a great deal, suckers. The dang salesman didn't even know it was a Gas dryer! So back to Best Buy they go with the Gas Machine and forgot the receipt...luckily they remembered us in there just 10 minutes before and kindly gave us the refund.
Being that it is so late on Saturday and all the stores are closed by now, we go yet another day without a dryer. Dave borrowed his dad's truck on Sunday and drove it home, knowing that we would be out today again shopping for an ELECTRIC dryer. So tonight after Dave came home from work (6:45PM) we headed to Provo to hit the RC Willey's. Thankfully we found one at a decent price and only had to make one stop! Thank you RC Willey Outlet!! And Thank You Jason for helping Dave haul it inside!! Now we are back in business and how nice is it to have an ELECTRIC Dryer that actually dries our clothes...that means I am back to the ugly chore of doing the laundry, yuck!!




10 comments:
Oh Mandi, so sorry, what a pain :(
I'm amazed any dryer will last ten years. Hopefully this new one will last another ten years
That does suck. I am glad you are back in business though.
You should have called Amy, she might have been able to fix the old dryer for you! :-)
Oh that was my story a few weeks ago, except mine was the washer! It sucked, but like you, again I am back in business!
What a FUNNY story. Oh such is life I suppose! Glad you found a nice dryer and now can have clean, dry clothes!
Didn't your washer recently have something go wrong too? That's no fun. You could have always called Amy J. to fix it! j/k sure she doesn't need another electrical burn! Glad that you're back in business.
I feel your pain, we are in the same boat with the washer! Glad to see you are back in business though
I have recently replaced my washer AND dryer! Bummer...I guess 13 years of life is about as much as they could take! BTW we have twin dryers now...it works great too! Enjoy! Ha..ya right! I hate laundry!
I was laughing at this story, nothing seems to ever be easy does it? Anyway, maybe i was laughing because it is 1:30am and i'm pulling a mandi tonight. cute blog!
Post a Comment