Well, I have officially survived day one!! And my kids and myself are still alive. I kept myself busy last night with a crafty project (baby shower invitations!) Maci went swimming with her friend and McKay was the luckiest of all...he had two fun birthday parties to go to. The first one was a Medieval theme party where they made shields/crests and decorated goblets and made their costumes. They played games and ate cake and ice cream. He had a great time. Thanks Emily!! He was home for 1 1/2 hours before he was picked up to celebrate Hinckley's birthday. Lucky boy got to go to the Jazz game, and even luckier got to sit in the box seats. Yeah, we'll leave it up to them to get McKay to one of the Jazz games. He came hoSo this morning we were all excited to get a call from Dave, and even skipped Stake Conference in hopes to talk to him. (I was actually quite nervous to deal with 3 kids for 2 hours in a crowded church, all by myself). Well, unfortunately he didn't call until 1:00 PM. He ended up having an unexpected delay in Japan, which wouldn't be too bad, except for the fact that it was for 13 Hours!! His cell phone didn't work in Japan, so he called me from his laptop. The connection wasn't so great so it made it hard to understand him. The kids both gave up after asking "what" a million times. I was able to get that it was 5:00 AM Monday, and that they were heading to Singapore and would arrive there 1:00 PM Monday their time, 9:00 PM Sunday our time. His boss was trying to switch things around since they would be missing most of their Monday with their clients. I just hope it doesn't keep them gone longer! He had asked me in an email how my first day as a single parent went...I have to say, the kids have been good, but I would never want to go through that in my life. We miss our daddy!
I was able to get all of the laundry folded and watched a really good movie (thanks Kristin) "License to Wed" while we waited for Dave's call. We later ventured out into the crazy Rain and headed down for our usual Sunday dinner at the in-laws. It makes it nice to have somewhere to go, and helps break up the long day! Besides I enjoy going and hanging out with everyone, and the kids love to play with their cousins. We have lately taken on the challenge of a good game of Phase 10. I can proudly say I won tonight! (at least in points...we ended early in order to get home.)
Wish me luck as I continue yet another 11 days...




5 comments:
I'm wishing you luck! Being a single parent would be the worst! You don't realize how much they do till they're not there! ...Don't blame you for missing Stake Conference!! Poor Dave...I bet he is so tired! (I bet that makes you feel a little better!) :)
I'm glad you liked that movie. Thanks for taking it back for me and for letting Graham deliver invites with you!
Wow! That sure is far away. I hope his leg was feeling better. ood luck these next 11 days.
Our daddy is leaving this week too. But we only have to wait 4 days. You are amazing! If you want to hang out let me know! I'm sure we will be bored.
Mandi, I am joining you in single motherhood for a few days! It's not as long as you, but still stressful! I am always so ready for Damon to be home! If you need any more projects to keep you busy, I have more than enough unfinished projects that you can work on.
Post a Comment